Ride-Hailing Driver Registration Process
What is a ride-hailing service?
Also known as transportation network services (TNS), ride-hailing companies connect drivers with paying passengers through the use of an online platform or app.
As of September 3, 2019, ride-hailing companies can apply to the Passenger Transportation Board (PTB) for a licence to operate in B.C. (a TNS licence). ICBC insurance products for ride-hailing are available as of September 16, 2019. Read the government announcement.
What are the requirements to drive for a ride-hailing company( LTG)?
- a Class 4 (restricted) commercial driver’s licence issued in B.C.
- a criminal record check
- a vehicle that meets all requirements and has passed a vehicle inspection
- a commercial driving record, commonly known as an (N) print or National Safety Code abstract, which you can request online or by phone at 1-800-663-3051 or 604-661-2800
Some Important links:
- How to get your Class 4 driver’s licence
- Driver’s Abstract (N-Print)
- Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sectors Check
- Record Check Certificates for Ride-Hail Companies
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection
- Class 4 restricted pre-trip inspection guide
- Driver Terms & Conditions
- Hour of Service
- Lucky Driver Document Checklist
Lucky To Go – Driver Registration Process
LTG offers a self-enrolment process where drivers can upload all documents through the Driver app.
- Step 1: Download the Driver app
- Step 2: Enter your mobile number to get a one time password
- Step 3: Fill in the information as shown below
Document need to upload
- Driver’s photo
- Driving licence
- Driving abstract
- Criminal record check with vulnerable sector
- Work Status – Work Permit /PR/Citizen
- Vehicle image
- Vehicle commercial inspection report
- Vehicle registration and insurance
- First name and last name as it appears on your driver’s licence
- Email ID (Mandatory)
- Vehicle licence plate number
- Vehicle Rent or Owner- (Rented includes leased vehicle)
Three Photos- Exterior , Interior & Trunk
Personal Insurance on Vehicle
Once all the documents are uploaded, LTG Technologies Ltd. will review your documents and if everything is in order, will issue the following approval documents for both the driver and vehicle.
- LTG Driver Approval-BC-NSC Code-202-660-507
- LTG Vehicle Approval
- TNS Blanket Certificate
As the final step, drivers are provided with:
- LTG’s Service Level Agreement
- Driver app training
- LTG’s vehicle identifiers or decals